Sunday, August 31, 2008

THE ECLAIR: A Daring Baker Journey

Well I must say that it is so much fun to be a part of the Daring Bakers. What a great bunch of people. "Hanging out" with them on the blogosphere has taught me many things! So much talent in this group. The hosts this month were Tony Tahhan and MeetaK . The chose Chocolate Eclairs by Pierre Herme from the book: Chocolate Desserts By Pierre Hermé.

I just recently made Cream Puffs a few months ago. I liked them as Profiteroles. But I never really liked cream puffs, pastry cream, custard (unless its ice cream) or eclairs. Just not my thing. I certainly ate a few but was not tempted to eat the entire batch, thats for sure.

I filled mine with cannoli cream. I really liked this recipe for canoli cream. It was creamy and tastey. It was also firm enough to stand up in the eclair.

My five year old sure enjoyed the eclair and the sprinkle part. And my two year old enjoyed the sprinkle part so much that she ate mainly the sprinkles.

My recipe for the cannoli cream can be found here.
Please visit the hosts for the recipe on their posts Tony Tahhan and MeetaK.

13 comments:

maybelles mom said...

I love the use of cannoli cream. good thinking.

Molly Loves Paris said...

Lovely looking eclairs. Isn't it funny what people do and don't like. On my part I don't like cheesecake, but I think the rest of the world adores it. I love eclairs.

marye said...

I like the idea of using cannoli cream to help them hold together. My pastry cream was a bit thin, so the tops kept falling off.

Heather B said...

Cannoli cream sounds like it would delicious in these. Great job!

kat said...

they are so cute with the sprinkles

Robyn said...

I love cannoli cream, that sounds like a fun idea.

grace said...

i've gotta say it: leave the gun, take the cannoli. :)
great idea--i'll eat whatever your two-year-old left behind. :)

hungryandfrozen said...

They look gorgeous! Eclairs were always the biggest treat when I was a child. Cannoli cream - never heard of it (sounds like pasta lol) but it certainly looks nice LOL.

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

aww... i love the little fingers... adorable! that's how my 2 year old is everytime i bake!

Anonymous said...

Cannoli cream! What a good idea. I absolutely lovee the stuff when I make cannolies this summer. I'd just pipe it onto my finger and eat it!

Helene said...

You did a fabulous job on the eclairs! I love the use of cannoli cream with it!

JMom said...

oh that cannoli cream sounds intriguing! Beautiful eclairs you've got there :)

JMom

test it comm said...

Your eclairs look good! I like the sound of the Cannoli filling.