Wednesday, May 6, 2009

MAD for MANGO LASSI

Mangoes are an amazing fruit. They are high in vitamin A and have good amounts of vitamins B and C as well as Potassium, Calcium and Iron. But all that doesnt matter to me as I am sipping this Lassi. All I know is it tastes amazing and the kids are loving it.

Speaking of kids. Never leave a 3 year old alone with a marker, even if you just have your back turned for a minute because they could develop marker-atitis. This condition is temporary but rather unsightly. It is characterized by strange and unusal drawings occuring anywhere in the body. Not excluding the scalp. Oh yes, we personally have seen it on the scalp. Guess who has a time out from markers. (maybe she has a future in pointilism).

MANGO LASSI

3 cup plain yogurt
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1 cup mango pulp
1/2 cup sugar
1 oz pistachios, ground


Whirl the first five ingredients in a blender. If you want it really cold, go ahead, add a few ice cubes. Sprinkle a little of the pistachios on top of each glass. This makes about 4 servings.

7 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I have never had a mango lassi. Now I have no excuse. I'll have to give this a try.

Screamin' Mama said...

I just blogged about how much I love mangoes! I will have to try this! Sounds yummy and very healthy too!

kat said...

Looks like such a refreshing drink. I saw a video the other day where a little kid got a hold of a marker & drew all over a white dog!

grace said...

i've never had a lassi, much less a mango lassi. they also sound and look so refreshing and tasty, i can't wait to give it a go. :)

vibi said...

What lovely time spent here... with accoustic guitar flamenco-ey music and a lassi recipe! Loooove both!

And you remind me that I do have everything to make lassis! Thanks for sharing, Lori!

Jude said...

On the positive side of things, at least she didn't do cross-hatching on your kitchen wall or something. Or did she?

test it comm said...

That mango lassi looks good!