Monday, September 20, 2010

Raspberries and Cream Tart... Farewell Fair Summer

While I am very happy to welcome autumn (my favorite season)- I am bit sad to see some of the summer fruits and vegetables disappearing from the farmers market.  This is my goodbye to summer tart.

Raspberries and Cream Tart

For the tart:


1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
pinch of salt
1 egg
4 1/2 ounces butter (1 stick plus 1 tablespoon)

In a processor combine flour, sugar and salt. While processor is running drop butter by small pieces and finally the egg. Once a dough ball is formed remove from processor. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour and up to overnight.

Roll out to a 1/4 inch thick and place into 10 inch round tart pan or individual tarts work marvelously too. Repair any bare spots or holes with pieces of the access that you cut off rfom around the sides.  (Does that make sense?)Fork it a little here and there so it does not bubble. Bake at 375F until lightly golden- about 17 to 22 minutes.

For the filling: 

8 ounces cream cheese
6 ounces heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla

Whip cream cheese until light add in sugar and vanilla and apinch of salt.  In a seperate bowl whip cold cream until stiff peaks form.  Take a heaping spoon full and mix it in to the cream cheese mixture to lighten it a little.  Fold in the remainder of the whipped cream into the cream cheese.  Smooth into tart and decorate with fruit.  In this case luscious raspberries.

14 comments:

mely said...

Wow! Lori, you have so many great recipes, specially desserts, all of them look so mouth watering that I do not know where to start. I guess, I will have to spend some time checking out all of them before deciding.

Congratulations on all your cooking.

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a beautiful creation! It is a perfect dessert with which to end summer. Hope all is well. Blessings...Mary

Avril said...

Lori this tart is just beautiful!!!! I love the everything about this recipe...the look of it and the ingredients are lovely! :-)

Simones Kitchen said...

And what a fitting farewell to summer!! While I truly love autumn, I will definitely be missing summer too with it's lovely abundance of gorgeous fruits!

The Blonde Duck said...

Even though it's still 90 degrees here, I'm totally craving pumpkin.

A SPICY PERSPECTIVE said...

What a lovely tart! It's a little sad to see all the berries go!

cocoa and coconut said...

I'm a real fan of making (and eating) tarts. They are so much fun to decorate with seasonal fruits or chocolate moulds...and you're little berries truly shine out. I love the colour contrast of pink vs orange.
Fantastic shot!

cocoa and coconut said...

Ps. Yes it makes sense in your recipe

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious cake

Mimi said...

What a grand way to celebrate the change of seasons.
Mimi

Murasaki Shikibu said...

I made something like this yesterday for Ronny's birthday, but I didn't take any photos. It's that time of the year for this kind of thing. ;)

Dandy said...

So simple and it sounds soooo delicious!

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Lovely photos....I love the colors. Bet it tasted even better.
~ingrid

Monica H said...

This is beautiful Lori! I miss summer fruits and veggies, but I don't miss the heat. ha!

~Monica H