Saturday, July 19, 2014

Zucchini Ribbons

I bought a new kitchen toy- a zucchini ribbon maker- Pampered Chef. Since I love doing zucchini this way I was totally jazzed about buying it. 

  This is what the gadget looks like.  You can click here to go to the Pampered Chef web site.  I am not being paid to say any of this- just wanted to let you know about my new kitchen toy.

After you are done making your pretty ribbons.  Note: you could also use a vegetable peeler for long thin slices.  Toss with the dressing below.  Refreshing and delicious. You could add a little olive oil and arugula leaves as well.

Citrus and Herb DressingLargely adapted from this recipe from Shirl Cieutat, New Orleans, Louisiana, AUGUST 2004.

3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Whisk together.

No comments: