Thursday, August 13, 2015

BLUEBERRIES AND CREAM

I think I took 5000 pictures of this blueberry dessert.  It was so pretty.  I couldn't help myself.  First, I started taking pics with just the glass with the dessert inside.  Then I took pics with the silver platter underneath.  Then I put the demi tasse spoons in.  It just kept looking prettier and prettier.

But how did it taste you ask.  Well, imagine blueberries and cream.  It just does not get any better.
Does it? Well, my husband says just plain blueberries are phenomenal.  Don't you just hate people like that? Such purists. Ah, but don't be fooled.  He is not perfect when it comes to eating.  If he stares down a pizza, the pizza always wins!
How is it done?  Well, that my friends is the easy part.

BLUEBERRIES AND CREAM

1 cup heavy cream
8 ounces cream cheese or Greek Yogurt cream cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup mashed blueberries
2-3 cups blueberries

Whip the cream cheese until fluffy.  Add in sugar and vanilla.  Combine.  Whip in mashed blueberries.  I dont know if this was a good decision or not.  I think it might be better without the mashed blueberries whipped in.  But I kind of liked how it was very blueberry-y tasting. Eh, either way.

Whip heavy cream until stiff peak form.  Spoon a third of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and blend.  Add in the remainder or fold it in.

Sppon some of the cream mixture into a gladd dish.  Layer in blueberries.  Add more cream.  And then top with more blueberries.  Garnish with mint leaves.

Makes 8 servings.

No comments: