Saturday, September 19, 2015

Beet Hummus

 

Because I love beets and I love hummus, of course I had to try this.

I liked it but I didn't love it.  I am a purist, though, when it comes to hummus.  Lots of garlic yes!  But nothing out of the usual, just garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon, olive oil, salt and garlic.  I don't like red pepper hummus.  A lot of people do.  The sweet potato hummus, it's good... But it's not hummus. All that aside, I would make this again.



Beet Hummus

1 can hummus (15 ounces)
2 garlic cloves
1 cooked beet (very tender)
salt to taste
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoon white vinegar
juice of half of a lemon

Place garlic in the processor first.  Add everything else except for oilve oil.  Add it in when everything else is fully blended and smooth. 

No comments: